Welcome to the Tree Pals Program
The Thurston Nature Center Tree Pals Program kicked off in April 2013 and is continuing in 2014. The goal is to involve the neighborhood in creating an exciting online resource documenting the many wonderful trees in the Thurston Nature Center , including 68 native Michigan tree species.
Here you can see the results of the Tree Pals program!
Thurston Nature Center Tree Photos
Butternut (8 photos from throughout 2013)
How the Tree Pals Program Works
Here's how you can get involved
- Fun in nature, fun with photography, fun community project.
- Learn more about the trees.
- Help build a valuable "digital asset" -- an extensive online library of Michigan trees
- Build greater awareness and appreciation of the treasures of the Thurston Nature Center.
- Can I also "Adopt" the tree?
YES! If you want to Adopt the tree that you "Pal" that is fantastic!! It means you help care for the tree, such as clearing brush around the tree and watering it as needed. This is done in consultation with Mike Conboy, and is much appreciated.
- Other questions, please email [email protected]
- We look forward to your participation!
American Beech tree in May 2013